Monday, September 19, 2011

a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils

oh, hi. it's me, rachael. the owner of this blog. that i haven't been on in weeks. speaking of blog.....my mom gave me a groupon for my birthday to get one of those blog books online. so yesterday, i found the site, made myself the cutest little book, and had them ship it to rexburg, idaho.....but i put my salt lake zip code on there.

dummy!

what does the mailman even do when he get's something like that? where does he send it? my blog book is going to get sent to some random family who will be traumatized to read about my stories of scooping poo out of chinese toilets.

anyway, i really wish i had an amazing first week of school story to tell, but i don't. have i told you how much i love fall semester, though? because i do. it seriously makes me so happy. i am excited because...

a) i think i finally know what i'm going to major in. this is exciting for me because i have been lame and put off deciding how to go about starting my life. so. i am majoring in health science and minoring in international studies! all i know is that i love medicine and i love traveling and i love the non-profit field and i have always wanted to do something that combines those things. but i'm pretty sure i have a lot more schooling ahead of me. oh, and i love my classes. i'm taking a middle east class that i can't even stand i love so much. sometimes you just don't know what's going to matter to you.

b) the weather rocks my socks.

c) ben is coming home in SIX WEEKS!

oh, on saturday night, i went with some friends to watch the big game on a huge screen on campus. there were, like, 600 people there wearing their BYU garb and then there was me....decked out in red. and i got lots of hate comments. but i turned it around and smashed victory in their faces like a big banana cream pie. and then some guy on campus said to me today, "hey! you're that utah girl!" uh huh. 

3 comments:

  1. INTERNATIONAL STUDIES!!!!!! its the best thing there is to study. hands down. and im proud of you and your utah garb. atta girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. found a major?! rach i'm SO happy for you and proud of you! way to represent our utes! and 6 weeks?! al;skdjflaghoiwrasflksajdfklsajf. that is all i have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have three things to say:
    1. Congrats on the major!
    2. You brother comes home soon. YAY!
    3. I love the new blog header!

    ReplyDelete