Saturday, March 5, 2011

i can go from anti-belieber to belieber in no time

ohmigosh.

i think i like justin bieber.

what? did i just say that? i tried to resist him! it just kind of...happened. i have been one of the bieber eye-rollers from the beginning. "can you BELIEVE this arrogant little 12 year old? he think he is so cool!" well guess what? now, i not only beieve....i belieb.

a few weeks ago, i was driving in the car with some little girls i babysit and one of his songs came on. i asked who was singing and they gushed in unison, "JUSTIN BIEBER!" the better part of me thought "hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, how silly of me, this is a ridiculous song" but a small part of me thought "oh. it's kind of......good." ever since then, i have been in the middle of a vicious battle between what i think i like and what i actually like. logic and pleasure. logic sits in my lap and asks me, "how old are you, rachael? 14? no. that's the age of girls who listen to justin on their ipods while they get their braces tightened. plus, you don't like most pop music." pleasure perches on my shoulder and whispers in my ear, "you have to admit....he has a really good voice and his music is catchy. you like it. you do. i heard you looking up his songs on itunes." then my brother, an avid anti-belieber, accused me of liking him when i became suddenly less enthusiastic during our frequent justin-bieber-looks-like-a-girl rants.

i don't like it....and i say it grudgingly, but ohmigosh.

i think i like justin bieber.

1 comment:

  1. I like him too Rachael! Your blog posts literally make my day! You have no idea! I love you Rachael!

    ReplyDelete