Tuesday, April 24, 2012

i'm off!

so i'm at the salt lake airport waiting for my first flight to new york, then from there to tel aviv. this is so crazy! i'm feeling a broad spectrum of emotions. maybe it's a lack of sleep, but i'm feeling everything from fear to giddiness to bittersweetness. i can't believe i am finally going to jerusalem! i know that when i get there, i'm going to feel at home really fast, but for now, all i see is a long day of plane rides, strangers, and my family back at home. i went to orientation yesterday and for the first time, i got actually REALLY excited....I AM GOING TO JERUSALEM! AHHHH!

this morning at like, 3:30 or 4:00, i was packing and my mom pointed out the sound of a ukulele being played somewhere. i wandered around the house until i realized the sound was coming from outside, so i walked outside and found the best surprise ever waiting for me on the trampoline playing my ukulele, who had driven down from rexburg at midnight to say goodbye one more time and then left 4 hours later to get back for work. seriously. i don't think anyone has done anything so sweet for me. 


wish me luck!
see ya in august! 

1 comment:

  1. shut up. he DID NOT! ohhhh myyyy goshh. i am in love with you two and i seriously approve sooo much. that is adorable.

    ReplyDelete