Monday, February 27, 2012

if you say "awkward" ten times, the word starts to sound awkward

on saturday, i went to a birthday party for a friend that i hadn't seen in a long time. her family has moved since the last time i saw her, so i was driving up the street that she told me, looking for the house number, which, by the way, was hard to find because there were no street lamp...and now i am trying to remember why i was squinting to see her house better because it most definitely was dark. ok, anyway.

i found the house number, walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. it was kind of dark inside the house and the lady who peeked out the window looked just like my friend's mom. so when she opened the door and said "hi!" i said hi and walked right on in. it wasn't until i was standing in her entry way and the door was closed that i realized she was not my friend's mom and i was standing in a stranger's house. but i was really confused because the house number was right and thought that maybe she was a sister or a family friend who was greeting guests. 

she just awkwardly looked at me, the random girl who just invited herself into their house, and asked who i was looking for. i confusedly told her my friend's name and she confusedly told me she didn't know who that was. and then her teenage son came out and invited me to eat pizza, and i felt even more weird. 

then we figured out i was on a street over from where i was supposed to be and we laughed about it. i left after apologizing like, sixteen times, and the woman and her son waved me goodbye and told me to come back for pizza if the party was a dud. 

and then i got in my car and drove away, still not even knowing what just happened. and came to the conclusion that you should not invite yourself into strangers houses. 

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha i am laughing out loud because of this. why do i love you so much?!

    ReplyDelete