Thursday, January 13, 2011

the art of receptionism

i have nothing to blog about. really, i don't. writer's block, i think is the sophisticated term, but then again, that makes me sound like a prestigious writer who should be sipping tea with J.K. Rowling. which, if i did, i would have blogged about already.

so, here i am with nothing to blog about because even though i do have writer's block, i am not a writer and i did not sip tea with J.K. Rowling.

so, i will tell you a few things that have happened in the last month. (sadly, there are only a few...)

as of two weeks ago, i am a receptionist. that's right, i am that girl that answers the phone and says "thank you for calling ________, how can i help you?" and "please hold" and "let me check her schedule and see when we can squeeze you in."

i know! i sound like an adult! the last time i played receptionist was twelve years ago via barbie and pet shop.

it's not all fun and games, you know. it so happens that the place that i do all my receptioning is at a hand and foot salon/boutique called nailed. this week, my manager said "we're training a new technician. do you want a mani/pedi?" i'll tell you...i hated it. i kept thinking "what do you people want from me? i came here to recept and recept i will do! leave me be and stop massaging my leg and putting pretty colors on my toes!"

it was awful.

i just got back from our house in st. george where i had a love affair with red rocks, sandy dunes, and chuck-a-rama pull aparts. i met a ligitimate cowboy. white ponytail, leathery skin, turquoise jewelry and all. (except for the fact that he's actually a surgeon.) he let us watch him train his horse with a mechanical bull. we're still talking about it.

last but not least, i got a kindle for christmas! love it. obsessed with it. i just got my case yesterday in the mail and i about died of happiness.

so, until i have something more exciting to blog about (i promise, i will!), i am answering phone calls, kindle-ing it up, dreaming of swimming in a vat of pull aparts all while watching reruns of modern family and generally loving every second of watching phil dunfey pretend to be a man.







2 comments:

  1. i seriously bust a gut everytime i read one of your blog posts. i am IN LOVVVVE. i don't need a man, i just need your blog.

    sooooo now that that's settled... when is your blog sending me flowers??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel rachael about the whole blogging thing. I never have anything to blog about. You are definitely a great writer. I love reading your blog. It brings a smile to my face every time I read it!

    ReplyDelete